Dr Ravi Gokul
MBBS MRCGP DGM DFSRH
Mrs Lorraine Bellis - Advanced Nurse Practitioner
Mrs Kim Leech - Advanced Nurse Practitioner
Jackie Parsonage - Practice Nurse
Our Practice Nurse works in the treatment room and is responsible for the following routine services:
- Blood/ urine screening
- Cytology screening
- Registration health checks
- Holiday vaccines
- Ear syringing
- Minor surgery procedures
- Health promotion
Julie Newton - Health Care Assistant
Jane Armer - Practice Manager
O level Maths, English, Commerce and Typing
NVQ Level 3 – Medicine Management
NVQ Level 3 – Management
I joined the team at Kingsfold Medical Centre in January 2004 as a Receptionist. In September 2008 I took on the new role of Medicine Co-ordinator for the practice, and in November 2009 I was promoted to Assistant Practice Manager. I enjoy the varied duties these roles involve and the daily challenges they present. In my previous employment I worked for the NHS Wheelchair Service which was then based at Royal Preston Hospital.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Dealing with patients' telephone calls/face to face enquiries
- Maintaining and updating patient computer records
- Monitoring and auditing prescribing processes
- Liaising between patient, pharmacy, hospital and/or GP for medication-related queries
- Assisting the Practice Manager in all duties to ensure the smooth running of the Practice and quality service to patients
Mrs Varunika Gokul – Business Manager/ partner
Btech in Information Technology
I joined the team at Kingsfold Medical Centre in April 2017 and worked as a notes summariser, back up data input clerk. I am now the digital champion lead and health and safety lead at the practice. I am responsible for the smooth running and organisation of the day to day activity supported by the practice manager. There are also other aspects of the job which I manage on a regular basis, these include :
- Accountancy and PAYE
- Personnel/Health & Safety
- Primary Health Care Team Co-ordinator
Christine Myerscough - Secretary
AMSPAR Award for General Practice Staff
Deaf Awareness Certificate
I have worked at Kingsfold Medical Centre since September 1990. I am the only full-time employee, with the exception of the Practice Manager. My current role is that of Secretary and part-time computer operator.
Roles and Responsibilities:
My time is divided between the general running of Reception and computer work which includes:-
- Typing all referral letters and inputting hospital letters onto the computerized patient records by scanning on a daily basis
- Registration links ensuring that patients' records are updated on a daily basis.
- Shared responsibility for IOS Links
- Responsibility for maintenance and upgrading the computer system
- I share responsibility for day to day running of the surgery in the absence of the practice manager.
Lynn Hartley - Care Navigator
Kate Wood - Care Navigator
Deborah Horan - Care Navigator
Cathryn Brett - Care Navigator
Claire Lonsdale -Care Navigator
Brenda Heaton - Data Input Clerk
The health visitor has an office at St Mary's Health Centre. Telephone 01772 644176.
Health Visitor Phone Contact Number
The health visitor can be contacted on 01772 644176 between 9.00 a.m. - 10.00 a.m. and 4.00 p.m. - 5.00 p.m. (Monday - Friday). At other times an answering phone service is available.
District Community Nurses
District nurses have an office at St Mary's health centre. Telephone 01772 644170.
The Midwife team is based at the local hospitals and are attached to this practice to provide midwifery services.